Wednesday 3 June 2015




Suitcase essentials


For the girls!


If you were lucky enough to take a holiday during this last school break, you may have experienced a dilemma I often have.  

Which shoes do I pack to cover all eventualities?

Whether you are jetting off to sunny climbs, with luggage weight limit restrictions, or pondering the many weather prospects here in the U.K., you will know only too well how tricky this can be and that a poor choice of footwear can ruin your well earned break.

I’ve learnt to narrow down my choice of favourite footwear to include something I know I can wear all day long and there’s real joy in discovering a sandal for hot climates that can take me through the day and into the evening.  The pretty colours seen in this years Birkenstock and Fit Flop collections do exactly that and Gabor’sLanzarote sandal can look great with a pair of loose fitting palladium trousers or a maxi dress on a Summer’s evening. 


With flying and luggage weight limits in mind, I like to wear the heaviest/bulkiest footwear on the journey out so they also have to cope with swelling feet if it’s a long flight and, given that I am a keen walker, are most likely to be trainer or pump.  The Mephisto All-rounder is a great walking shoe, supportive, lightweight and ventilated they can be worn for hours even without socks and easily adjust to a little high altitude feet swelling.  If I am unlikely to be doing any hiking, my second choice would be a soft ballerina pump like those in our Sabrinas collection or one of Kennel and Schmenger’s.

I have to have a party shoe along on any holiday, there might be a posh restaurant moment or a unexpected event that requires a little more dressing up. So, a flat and pretty sling-back is a must in my suitcase, something I can wear with capri trousers or a summer skirt  - my absolute favourites this summer are PeterKaiser’s Carsta or the Lola Bruni Susi.  Dress them up or down, they are simply lovely! 

So, given that I am surrounded by an immense choice here in the Macsamillion HQ, I think I could narrow my holiday shoes down to three.  Not bad eh?

Oh no! I forgot my Vidoretta espadrilles. My husband’s favourite shirt will have to be omitted from the suitcase to fit them in.  How fortunate for other holiday makers!

For the boys!



Easy! A pair of Birkenstocks or Mephisto Alligator sandals, a pair of boat shoes from Timberland or Sebago or beautiful loafers from Calpierre


That’s them sorted! 



Next time, I am going to introduce you to Richard, our Shoe Shine expert.

Bye for now
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment