Wednesday 8 July 2015

Tattoo'd shoes! Whatever next?

Hi all

Guy West seen here in the black suit
Those of you who are subjected to our facebook posts and emails will know we had a visit in store from Guy West of Jeffrey West fame at the weekend.  He bought along his chum Aasen a very fine tattoo artist who showed us how you can adorn already beautiful shoes with motifs and script.  Sadly, this is not an ongoing service in-store but it was a fun promotional exercise and one we will probably repeat.


I took my husband, Jamie, along with his new pair of Jeffrey West Gibsons.  He was delighted at the idea of becoming a little bit rock'n roll and get his very first tattoo. I'd already identified an attractive moth motif that I thought would be very nice on the heel of one shoe but I had to halt proceedings after he had a second design added to the centre front of the other - a very graphic monkey's behind! There was no telling where his enthusiasm might end if I allowed a third.  Working in the City and not in a particularly liberal environment, I can just imagine the eyebrow raising that the monkey's rear might generate at Jamie's next important meeting. If you'd asked me which of my family I would have to stop from getting a tattoo, it would have been one of my teenage kids, not my silver haired husband. Whatever next? A motorbike?  He must be suffering a bit of post midlife madness!


From left to right - Aasen, Richard our very own Dandy and shoe shine expert,
myself and Jamie


My husband's mischief did not end with his own shoes. When told that a rather striking pair of, flame healed, Chelsea Boots were being adorned for an executive from Dell Computers, he told Aasen to add a discreet Apple motif somewhere. It's a jolly good job Jamie wasn't let lose with the tattoo gun!

A very fine pair of Chelsea boots for the Dell exec






There are few opportunities for suited men to show off their individuality and flamboyance but shoes are definitely one area that can help them to stand out from the crowd.  The classic construction of Jeffery West shoes are a perfect example of taking something traditional and giving it an edge. These shoes have beautiful touches to their brogue detailing and often a humorous surprise in the lining or on the sole,
even without a tattoo they turn heads.  I am currently campaigning for us to stock the ladies styles in this brand. I want a tattoo too!







Here's a sneaky preview of some of the new men's styles on their way to us next month (wine not included).
Meyer
Novikov sole
Novikov
Doomsday

Bye for now
Danielle







No comments:

Post a Comment